Date:The Classroom by La Folie, Shakti Mills Lane, Upper Worli, Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Cost:Rs. 4,200.00 per person
About this experience
May 15th - 16th | 2pm- 6pm |
Over this two-day interactive-demo style online class, you will learn the art of creating stunning modern style travel cakes and cheesecakes with egg free and vegan options as well, along with theoretical part on textures, inspiration on design and how to substitute rightly the ingredients to achieve those textures.
On day one, Chef Sanjana Patel will teach the participants the theory, creating flavour pairings, balance of style using simple molds and sculpting techniques. Preparation of traditional additional components such as creams, coulis and confection decoration bases if any will be taught as well for cakes and cheesecake.
On day two, participants will learn how to bring the elements together to layer, glaze, piping techniques and finish the products taught.
What you will learn:
- Gluten free hazelnut liquid praline tea cake (egg)
- Mango -Maple tea cake with Chantilly (egg free)
- La Folie’s Signature Carrot cake 2.0 (eggfree and egg)
- Japanese matcha swiss roll with fresh fruits with modern presentation (with egg)
- Cheesecake (with egg), Cheesecake (eggfree), Baked and cold set cheesecake with flavour variations.
- Mille-feuille cheesecake custard tart (eggfree)
- Japanese chocolate cheesecake (egg)
-This class will be conducted on Zoom.
-Participants will receive all necessary information on their registered email address once they sign up for a class.
-A recipe pdf will be provided to all participants upto TWO HOURS BEFORE the class.
- Recipes are subject to change due to availability of ingredients.
- In case of any queries, reach out to us on email@example.com
-This class will be conducted over one day for 5 hours
As the Creative Director and Executive Chef at La Folie, Sanjana helms the luxury chocolate boutique La Folie Du Chocolate and La Folie Lab – the brand’s café bistro in Bandra. Having graduated in Food Management from London and Chocolate Technology in Germany, she was selected at École Grégoire Ferrandi in Paris, a reputed pastry and chocolate art school.
At 22, Sanjana started as an apprentice at Pierre Hermé. After stints with talents such as Jean-Charles Rochoux, Patrick Roger and Olivier Bajard, she donned the role of the Chief of Chocolate Production under Chef Camille Lesecq at Hotel Le Meurice. She moved on to Hotel Plaza Athénée in the Dorchester Collection, under Chef Christophe Michalak and Chef Alain Ducasse. Over the years, she has received national and global accolades. She was crowned India’s Pastry Queen in 2015 and ranked as the 4th Best Pastry Chef globally at the World Pastry Queen Competition in 2016.