Cost:Rs. 4,750.00 per person
About this experience
May 29th - May 30th | 2pm- 6pm | Over the two days of our interactive-demo style online class, you will learn creating stunning 3D summer fruit petite gateaux that will be egg free and vegan along with the theoretical part of French entremets, textures and how to rightly substitute the ingredients to achieve those textures.
On day one, Chef Sanjana Patel will teach the participants the theory, creating flavour pairings, balance of style, how to decipher shapes of fruits using simple molds and sculpting techniques. Preparation of traditional creams, mousses, compotes and cake bases if any will be taught as well for desserts.
On day two, participants will learn how to bring the elements together to layer, glaze, piping techniques and finish the dessert.
What you will learn:
- Alphonso Mango - Egg free/ Textures of a mango – resemble flavours of a India’s best varieties
- Pear Vanilla- Egg free/ Dessert based on original flavours of Poire William with caramelized pears and vanilla caramel mou
- Tropical Coconut: Vegan/ Textures of dried coconut carving/with tropical passion and citrus compote
- IRANIAN Pistachio: Vegan – learning to make a vegan pistachio butter along with recreating a mock flavours and components of a young green Iranian pistachio.
- Single origin Cacao: delving into single origin cacao from Madagascar with flavour notes of hazelnuts, raspberries and fudgy cocoa molasses flavour.
-This class will be conducted on Zoom.
-Participants will receive all necessary information on their registered email address once they sign up for the class.
- A recipe pdf will be provided to all participants upto TWO HOURS BEFORE the class.
- Recipes are subject to change due to availability of ingredients.
- In case of any queries, reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
-This class will be conducted over two days for 4-5 hours on each day.
As the Creative Director and Executive Chef at La Folie, Sanjana helms the luxury chocolate boutique La Folie Du Chocolate and La Folie Lab – the brand’s café bistro in Bandra. Having graduated in Food Management from London and Chocolate Technology in Germany, she was selected at École Grégoire Ferrandi in Paris, a reputed pastry and chocolate art school.
At 22, Sanjana started as an apprentice at Pierre Hermé. After stints with talents such as Jean-Charles Rochoux, Patrick Roger and Olivier Bajard, she donned the role of the Chief of Chocolate Production under Chef Camille Lesecq at Hotel Le Meurice. She moved on to Hotel Plaza Athénée in the Dorchester Collection, under Chef Christophe Michalak and Chef Alain Ducasse. Over the years, she has received national and global accolades. She was crowned India’s Pastry Queen in 2015 and ranked as the 4th Best Pastry Chef globally at the World Pastry Queen Competition in 2016.