The Classroom by La Folie is proud to present, for the first time ever in India: A two-day live demonstration masterclass by world renowned pastry chef - Karim Bourgi.
Designated 3rd Best Pastry Chef at the Pâtissier dans le Monde competition in 2014, Chef Karim is best known for his work with Laduree Paris, Fauchon and La Maison Du Chocolat Paris in Dubai. He is the ambassador of Elle & Vire and Valrhona, and one of the most eminent contributors of the global pastry world. With over 500k followers drooling over his sublime creations on social media, we are ecstatic to watch him bring them to life.
Through his association with The Classroom, he is set to teach aspiring pastry chefs the quintessential art of fabricating modern French pastry. Through his work, one can witness pure excellence meet modern luxury.
In his online class, Chef Karim will demonstrate his latest collection of beautiful tarts and signature entremets, from start to finish. You will learn techniques of building some revisited classic pastry and gateaux, along with Chef Karim’s modern take on these.
What you will learn:-PARIS BREST (Choux pastry, crispy hazelnut crunchy dough, praline mousseline cream, old fashion praline and candied hazelnuts)
- TARTE AU CHOCOLAT COULANT CARAMEL (Chocolate Coeur de Guanaja shortcrust, chocolate gluten free sponge, soft caramel, light chocolate mousse, dark chocolate ganache and fondant chocolate glaze)
- ENTREMET VANILLA 100% (Almond vanilla gluten free sponge, vanilla creamy, pressed ivory vanilla crunchy, vanilla light mousse, vanilla mirror glaze) (Gluten-free)
- ENTREMET CARAMELO (Soft caramel cake, crunchy almond caramel, vanilla soft caramel, light vanilla caramel mousse, Dulcey namelaka cream, caramel mirror glaze)
- ENTREMET INTENSE (Chocolate moist sponge moelleux, dark chocolate creamy, light cocoa nibs mousse, crunchy streusel chocolate, dark chocolate glaze)
- CORAL (Almond gluten free soft sponge, ivory pressed crunchy, Aneo namelaka sencha tea cream, exotic jelly, litchi light mousse, white spray paint, neutral mirror glaze) (Gluten-free)
Basic to Intermediate
Schedule:4th and 5th July, 2020 (Two continuous days)
1:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) on both the days.
International Time Guide:
GST: 12 pm to 4 pm
EST: 4 am to 8 am
GMT: 8 am to 12 pm
AEST: 6 pm to 10 pm
INR 17,000 (including applicable taxes)
Currency Converter Guide (likely to fluctuate):
EUR 200 approx.
USD 225 approx.
AUD 325 approx.
What will be provided:
A PDF book with the recipes will be provided 2 days prior to the class.
-Students are required to register in advance for the class. Only registered students will be allowed to join the class, so we advise students not to share their email address and password.
-Students are required to keep the recipe PDF handy during the class.
-Please make arrangements to take notes during the class, if needed.
-The class will be conducted from 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) on both the days.